Top 5 Best Tandem Strollers | 2020 Reviews
Looking after a baby can be tough work for many parents but having two of them could almost always mean twice the challenge. One of the things that parents worry about when having two small kids is how to make it possible to run errands or go around for casual walks or shopping. Whether you have kids of the same age or varying ones does not matter a lot because both situations calls you to be twice as alert as you already are.
Thankfully, there are a lot of products made for families that have at least two small kids with a small age gap in between. Take the tandem stroller, for example. Unlike regular strollers, this piece of equipment is designed to hold to growing babies and perhaps even more for their stuff and the parents’ stuff. Some are even strong enough to hold an additional load such as a small bag of groceries.
Tandem strollers are not just great for use with twins, Irish twins or an infant and a toddler. They can also be used with just one kid riding and, after the other seat has been removed, can be turned into additional space to make room for shopping bags and other items.
How do you choose the best tandem stroller for your kiddos? The few things that you might want to consider are: age of kids, weight and convenience, orientation, storage space, canopy and brakes, among many others.
To help you further refine your choices, we have come up with the top 5 best tandem strollers. Hopefully our list of reviews will give you a better view at which model to purchase for your kids.
Quick Comparison Table
Baby Trend Sit N’ Stand Double
Baby Jogger City Select
Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
Chicco Cortina Together
Delta Children LX Tandem
Side by Side
Side by Side
How did that go? Did you like our choices in the best tandem strollers so far? We had a great time reviewing the strollers above and we hope it helps you in making the right decision in your purchase.
Remember, expensive isn’t always the best – you have to listen to what your kids tell you. They will be the ones riding it, after all! Of course, you also have to consider your preferences. You certainly do not want to hurt your back or have a hard time pushing it around – that wouldn’t be too enjoyable, right?
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What is a Tandem Stroller? How is it different from a side by side stroller? A Tandem is typically the same size as a single stroller where the children are sitting one behind the other unlike in side by side stroller where there are sitting next to each other.
- Why do i need to buy a tandem stroller? A tandem is very useful if you have twins or kids who are just a few years apart. Also since it is not very wide you could navigate through doorways and narrow passageways very conveniently.
- Is the tandem stroller very bulky? Some of them are moderately heavy. But most of the models are designed to be sturdy enough to be able to carry 2 kids and its belongings and as a bonus a small bag of groceries too. But not to worry as it is very easy to handle and move around with it.
- Can i fix my infant car seat to my tandem stroller? Yes you can very conveniently or you can choose to have the normal seat which reclines back(though not fully flat) if your child is slightly older and is able to hold his head properly.
- Can the car seat be fixed at both front and rear positions? Some models in the market do allow that, but not all of them. It is always advisable to keep the little one close to you while the toddler is sitting in the front with unrestricted views.
- Can the car seat and the standard one be interchanged? Yes in some models this can be done depending on which child needs more attention.
- Can both standard seats recline? Yes they can. But makes it slightly uncomfortable for the passenger at the back with less leg room when the front seat if fully reclined.
- Are there any models with infant seat attachment and sit n stand option for the second? Yes certainly there is. Please read through our in depth review of tandem strollers page before you make your decision.
- Can i put my newborn in the tandem? Not really unless you are using the infant car seat or using a stroller carseat combo . The standard seat in tandem, though reclines back, does not go fully flat. The child must be able to hold its head in position properly before they are ready to sit on it.
- Can the tandem be folded easily? Yes of course with just the push of a button and can easily be stored away when not needed.
- Does the tandem have a snack tray and a cup holder? Yes it does for both passengers and also for the parent to store coffee, keys, mobile etc.
- Can i get a triple tandem stroller? Yes you can. There are several designs for twins, and for infant and toddlers of varying age. Some common brands that do these tandems are Joovy, Childcraft, Baby Trend, Graco etc.
- Where can i buy the tandem strollers? You could buy them in store or from a trusted online retailer like Amazon. We would strongly recommend you to read through the reviews first before you nail down on the stroller of your choice.
- Are the accessories and spare parts easily available? yes you could buy them in store or order online if you are sure of what you need.