Top 5 Best Fetal Dopplers | 2017 Reviews
Every pregnant woman gets a thrill when she goes in for her first ultrasound or pre-natal visit, and gets to actually hear her baby’s heartbeat. And every doctor will also explain to an expectant mother how to count the number of times her fetus kicks during the third trimester of pregnancy. The heartbeat of the baby can also be heard at home, though not very accurate, using Fetal doppler(or Doppler Fetal monitor) commonly known as Fetal doppler heartbeat monitor.
That’s not enough for some women, though. Technology now allows moms-to-be to listen to their baby’s heartbeat using at home fetal doppler with an affordable price tag. These units can provide some much-needed reassurance for first-time mothers, or provide for increased peace of mind if the pregnancy is a deemed complicated. Others who buy home dopplers do so for a greater sense of bonding between mother and baby during fetal development, while some just want their partner or family to be able to hear the exciting sound of the baby’s heart beating in the womb.
Home units are not as sophisticated, and not as accurate, as the ones in a doctor’s office. That often leads to unwarranted concern on the part of parents who purchase bargain-basement fetal dopplers, which often don’t work well enough to actually hear a heartbeat. The models we’ve reviewed aren’t very expensive, but they all work; if you go searching on your own for the lowest-priced monitor on the market, you may not only be disappointed, but unnecessarily alarmed. Consider a fetal doppler as something to provide excitement and entertainment, rather than reliable medical information, and you’ll be best served.
Before looking at our review of the best fetal dopplers in the market, you may want to read first our comprehensive best fetal doppler buying guide.
Here’s our look at the top 5 best fetal dopplers.
Quick Comparison Table
Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor By Wusic
Coybely Pocket Doppler Baby Heart Monitor
FIGERM Baby Heartbeat Monitor
Summer Infant Heart To Heart Listening
Dixie EMS Fetal Stethoscope
9 volt battery
9 volt battery
9 volt battery
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What is a Fetal Doppler? It is a handheld ultrasound device used during your prenatal days to detect the heartbeat of the baby.
- Why buy or use a Fetal Doppler? If you are first time mother or going through pregnancy with complications involved, or live miles away from your doctor, it is obvious to be anxious at times. This little instrument is a blessing to pregnant ladies who would want to hear the baby's heart beat and be rest assured of its well being.
- Can I Buy A Fetal Doppler At Walmart or In a store, if not , where can i buy one? - Yes, of course, you can in-store but we suggest you go through the reviews on authority sites like ours as well as consumer reviews on Amazon etc before making the purchase.
- Should I buy a pregnancy baby doppler and did you buy one? This is a common question posed by many of our readers. Dopplers or heart rate monitors are no longer a fad and provide a very convenient way of monitoring at home. Its not a necessity yet, but not a luxury either-most modern parents possess one and we highly recommend it
- When to buy or use a Fetal Doppler at home? It is best advised to buy them after 18 or 20 weeks as you cannot catch the sound until then. Also it takes a bit of a practice to use the instrument appropriately.
- How often should a Fetal Doppler be used? The health regulators in the US have cleared the use of Fetal doppler for continuous use. But it is always sensible to use it when it is absolutely needed or when you can have any concerns. It is highly recommended Not to use the doppler for more than 10 min at one go. If you cannot find the heartbeat in that time duration, take a break and than try again.
- How do i use my Fetal Doppler? The best way to use the doppler is to lie down on your back exposing your abdomen, although you can use it while sitting and standing. Apply a generous amount of ultrasound gel on the abdomen. The best technique is to start moving the transducer from the midline of the abdomen and working your way downwards.
- Do i have to use ultrasound gel? Ultrasound gel is imperative when using a fetal doppler. It is specially formulated to act as a coupling agent and reduce static that is often caused when using a fetal doppler. To get optimal results and hear the sound of the heart beat properly from your fetal doppler monitor, use plenty of gel. It is not recommended to use colored gels or lotions. The oil based substance used with a fetal doppler will only cause excess static and can damage the doppler.
- How do i know i am hearing my baby's heartbeat? The most conclusive way to differentiate your heartbeat from your baby's is by calculating the heart beat rate(BPM). The baby has a BPM ranging from 120-180 and adults have BPM of 60-100.