Top 5 Best Baby Shower Gifts | 2019 Reviews
As small and adorable as babies can be, finding the perfect gift for them can be a huge challenge to anyone. Even before they are born into this world, baby gift ideas are already tricky – you either go for something that will please the unborn child or the mom carrying them. So, exactly how do you choose the right baby shower gift ideas for soon-to-be moms?
There is really no right nor wrong answer to this one. However, if moms were to be asked, they would probably give you the following pointers:
- go for practical items
- the best baby shower gifts are those that the little ones can eventually use
- unique baby gifts are cute but if they can only be used once or are just for display purposes, they aren’t exactly the best
- go for products that moms can benefit from
- try to be as gender neutral as possible with your gifts
- you can combine your big-ticket purchases with other baby shower gift senders and help lessen the family’s future spending
- if moms are able to get more time for sleep or just down time, that would be a plus point as well
Have you gotten any baby shower ideas already? If not, you might want to check out our list of reviews on the best baby shower gifts to give out to unborn baby girls and boys – and their moms, dads and perhaps even the siblings. Have a great time shopping!
Quick Comparison Table
Aveeno Baby Mommy and Me Gift Set
Gerber Baby Girls' 19-Piece Newborn Essentials Gift Set
Moolecule 7 in 1 Mommy Diaper Bag Set
Disney Baby Stroller and Travel System Gear Bundle
Ocean Mists Renewal Spa Relaxing Bath and Body Gift Set
6 x 5 x 4"
17.1 x 12.9 x 2.7"
16.2 x 7.1 x 13"
6 x 12 x 12"
Who knew searching for the best gifts for a baby shower can be that tricky and difficult? Babies can be such demanding creatures despite their small size so do not be surprised at the amount of items, gears and products that they need. Of course, never forget the mommy (and daddy) who slave it out for these little ones.
We have added in a good mix of products that are great for both parents and babies to use. Without a doubt, you will never go wrong with your purchase regardless of which product you choose from the list. We need to make sure that everyone stays happy, right?
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- Why are baby shower gifts so important? It is probably a special way of pampering would be mummy to feel good and expect great things and be ready for the bundle of joy arriving.
- What mums actually need? Pregnant women in their later stages of pregnancy need a lot of pampering both physically and emotionally. Anything that can soothe their discomfort or niggles and makes them smile and put them back to their normal self is a great treat indeed. Also some information about what to expect in the coming days will make them prepare better to deal with the situation.
- What gifts can you give? This is a million dollar question and is totally dependent on the person and their needs. You could give them things they need or totally surprise them by presenting them with something new and innovative idea.
- Are there any affordable gift ideas which does not break the bank? There are loads. Please refer to our baby shower gifts review page for some ideas. There are much more available on the online shopping sites. Or why not create one yourself?
- What baby shower gifts are most appropriate? Well this is totally on the person you are gifting to. You could understand their needs and choose a gift appropriately. If they have already purchased some for themselves then why not gift something for the baby.
- What are the things to keep in mind before giving the gifts? It is very important to have a little chat with the person and try and understand their needs around their family. If they already have purchased or have already been gifted with exactly the same thing you are thinking of then you may have to change your idea. Check with them if they want it for themselves or for the baby. May be you would want to give them gift cards and allow them to choose their gift for you.
- How much is too much to spend on these gifts? It totally depends on the relation you have with the person and how much you are ready to spend. But according to us it is more important to present them with things they need rather then expensive ones that they will never use.
- What gift can you give if the gender of the baby is not known? It is a good idea to keep it generic like gifting them unisex clothes and toiletries. Also toys that any infant and toddler might use. For more ideas look for our baby and kids section.
- What are the most unique baby shower gifts that stand out? The most unique gift to anyone is that one thing that pleases them the most. It could be trivial for others but means a world to them. So it is very important to understand the needs of the person before buying them a gift.
- Are there any special gifts for first time mum? The list could be endless. Please go through our Mom, Baby and kids section to find what would be most appropriate gift for a new mum.
- Are there any cheap, creative baby shower gifts? Yes possibly. Firstly know the person you are gifting to and find things to make it yourself. There is nothing more satisfying for both parties than a hand made personalised gift. You could buy bits and pieces from the market and put them together to make a perfect bundle.
- Is it rude to return or exchange the baby shower gift? Not at all and that everyone understands. If you have an unwanted gift or a gift that has been repeated, then it is good to return or exchange it for something else.
- What are the last minute baby shower gift and long distant gifts that can be sent via post? We would advise to make a list of things that is going to last long and also does not break or disintegrate while on transit. For example : clothes, toys, toiletries, baby equipments etc.
- Are there any meaningful, memorable and organic gift ideas? Yes of course. You could think of buying something decorative for the child nursery made out of recycled things or something that is used on a daily basis that comes from a plant base.
- Can i personalise the baby shower gifts? Thats a great idea. You could try engraving the name, family photo or a collage etc.
- Where can i buy the baby shower gifts? You could buy them in store or from trusted online retailers like Amazon.