Top 5 Best Pregnancy Pillows | 2017 Reviews
Morning sickness. Voracious appetite and weight gain. Emotional swings. There are all sorts of physical and mental changes a woman experiences during pregnancy, and those are just a few of them. In most cases, first-time moms-to-be have seen family members or friends have those issues – or have at least read about them – and aren’t caught off-guard when they occur.
What often comes as a surprise, though, is how incredibly difficult it is to sleep when you’re pregnant.
It makes sense, of course. The enormous (literal and figurative) changes in a woman’s body as her baby grows completely change the body’s size and shape, making it nearly impossible for many women to get comfortable enough to sleep or even nap. It’s even worse for those who commonly sleep on their stomach or back.
A common reaction whenever anyone, pregnant or not, can’t sleep is to play around with their pillows. Placing them in different positions shifts the position of the body, removing pressure from areas which may be sore and making minor changes in body temperature. Pregnant women, however, don’t usually gain enough relief from adjusting their everyday pillows to overcome the discomfort that’s keeping them awake.
Pregnancy pillows are the gift from heaven which can “save the life” of a pregnant woman who has gone days without restful sleep. They support weight in the areas which need support, alter body position to help blood flow, and make it possible for a woman whose body is completely different than the one she’s had for all of her life to find a comfortable sleeping position.
It’s difficult to compile a list of the top 5 best pregnancy pillows as a complete resource for all readers, because there are three major types of these pillows, along with different configurations for each. For example, a C-shaped full-body pillow provides very different benefits than a round wedge one, and what’s right for one person won’t help another at all.
What we’ve decided to do is choose the best of each type for inclusion on our list of best pregnancy pillows, and explain how each one is before reviewing it. We understand that won’t help you choose between five different brands of flexible full-length pregnancy pillows – but it will tell you the best one to try, while giving you a complete look at the types of pillows available so you can make it through the next few months in relative comfort.
If you’re going to choose a specific style of pillow and go looking for more options on your own, there are few issues you should consider. Natural fillings like wool or spelt, and whether the pillow is hypoallergenic, will be concerns for important for many, while others will be more interested in the comfort of a memory foam filling. You’ll greatly appreciate your pillow having a removable cover after a few sweaty nights in bed. And don’t forget to consider the size of your bed; that full-body pillow may look awesome, but it might not fit on your twin- or full-sized mattress along with your big belly.
Before going on our list, you may want to check out our comprehensive Best Pregnancy pillow Buying Guide here.
Let’s get comfortable.
Quick Comparison Table
Boppy Pregnancy Wedge
Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
Newpoint Body Pillow
Boppy Custom Fit Full Body Pillow
Cotton / Polyester
Cotton / Polyester
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What is the use of the pregnancy pillow? Pregnancy pillows are used to support the back, belly and legs of a pregnant women when she finds it difficult to lie on her back.
- Do i have to use these pillow during my pregnancy? Not really. It is just a matter of extra comfort. But we would strongly recommend it as you get the comfort you need and can have a well deserved rest when you need it the most.
- What kind of pregnancy pillows do i need to buy? This is a relative question and can vary from person to person. Also there are several types of pregnancy pillows available in the market, which only makes it more confusing. So we would recommend to read through our reviews about each product and then decide what suits you the best.
- Where can I buy them from? It can be bought from any store or online. Please read through the reviews from authority sites and also customers reviews from amazon site before finalising it.
- Is the pregnancy pillow washable? Yes most of the pillowcases are machine washable. They can even be pulled apart and washed separately and fitted back to have a fresh new comfort.
- What material is the Pillowcase made of? It is mostly made of polyester or cotton or a mix of both to provide maximum comfort in all seasons.
- Can i use my pregnancy pillow on my bed? yes you can. It can be either used on the bed as long as the pillow fits in properly into your bed or on any flat surface that is comfortable for you to lie down.
- What shaped pregnancy pillow gives maximum comfort? It depends on what defines comfort for you. There are 'C', 'U' and wedged shapes pillows that are more popular in the market. Please read the reviews from our website before buying it.
- Is the pregnancy pillow anti allergic? Yes most of the popular brands are hypoallergenic and do take necessary precautions in making it.
- What filling in pregnancy pillows gives maximum comfort? There are several types of filling available in the market. For example; Memory foam filling, Styrofoam filling, microbead filling, polyester fiber filling, cotton filling etc. Each of them have their own pros and cons. Our recommendation would be memory foam filling as it is very comfortable and takes the shape of our body when in use and gets back to its original shape soon after use.