Top 5 Best Side by Side Strollers | 2020 Reviews
Parents with at least two young children are often faced with the dilemma of how to bring their kids around without making the entire trip (yes, even a trip to the groceries) a hassle for everyone.
That’s where the side by side strollers come to play.
Just as the name suggests, these strollers are named so as the seats are placed beside each other which basically is like two single strollers combined together. While tandem strollers are much easier to push and steer around, they are often more difficult to get through doorways and crowded streets. The biggest advantage to using this type of stroller is that there is less fighting among siblings since they are seated equally.
Whether you go on frequent trips or everyday strolls around the neighborhood, there is a double stroller that is just right for you. You can choose the light umbrella designs for easy transport but sacrifice storage space. Or you can choose the ones with a lot of features although you have to make sure that you have the strength and storage space for it.
So, are you now ready for our list of the best? Below are side by side stroller reviews that you might want to consider on your next purchase.
Quick Comparison Table
Maclaren Twin Triumph
Joovy Scooter x2 Double Stroller
Delta Children LX Stroller
Kolcraft Cloud Stroller
Choosing the right side by side double umbrella stroller usually means going for the most lightweight model possible but you also have to consider other factors such as safety and comfort for both kids and parents. We hope our side by side double stroller reviews have made things a little clearer for you. Good luck!
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What is a Side by Side Stroller? It is a two single strollers combined into one for easy handling designed for mothers with two young children.
- What is the advantage of double strollers over tandem strollers? The biggest advantage of double strollers is that the children can sit at the same level which encourages them to engage with each other leading to less number of fights. Also the canopy is huge and protects the child from direct UV rays and rain very effectively.
- Can i put an infant and a toddler in the side by side stroller? Not really as this is for children who are at-least able to sit vertically without any support. If you have a new born and a toddler we would recommend a tandem stroller which also fits in your car seat.
- Is the side by side stroller bulky? Not as much in terms of weight. But it is slightly wider than the other double strollers and may be tricky to get through confined spaces. Nevertheless, it is a great little vehicle to take your kids around if you are in the open.
- Is there enough storage space to carry my things? Not all models have good storage. So please carefully choose the right kind of stroller for yourself. While some provide limited storage the others have no storage at all which is a bit of a let down.
- Can the side by side stroller fit in through the doors? Although most of them are designed (around 30-35 inches wide) to fit in through confined spaces, it does get a bit tricky to manoeuvre.
- Can i jog with a side by side stroller? Don't think so as it does not provide all the safety features that a jogging stroller has. These are only meant for walks around the park or for shopping around for daily needs.
- Does the side by side stroller fold down easily? Yes very comfortably and can even fit in the boot of small cars or any storage space.
- Does the double stroller come with a rain cover? Some models do come with it but not all of them. But it can easily be bought online that goes perfectly well with your stroller.
- Where can i buy the Side by side stroller or its accessories? You can buy them in store or online from any trusted retailers like Amazon. But be sure you read through our in depth reviews about the side by side strollers before you nail down the right one that suits you the best.