Top 5 Best Lighted Makeup Mirrors | 2020 Reviews
No woman who’s even somewhat serious about her makeup can do without a lighted makeup mirror. Whether it’s a cheap model on a stand, a unit you’ve mounted onto the wall or one built into your wardrobe or vanity, there’s no way to be certain that your makeup is “just right” without being able to see it close-up and under proper light especially when applying foundation. And, of course, tweezing, plucking or shaving is next to impossible to get right without having a perfect view of what you’re doing.
Everyone has their own preferences on the features they want in a lighted makeup mirror. Some want close-up magnification so they can be certain their eyeliner has been applied perfectly, some feel that natural light is essential to ensure their look in the bathroom is the sams as the one they exhibit outdoors, and some simply want a functional mirror with lights which lets them see what they’re doing.
Just as with makeup, there’s an enormous range of prices you can pay for a decent lighted makeup mirror. However, the basics of these mirrors are fairly standard, so even if your budget doesn’t allow for the purchase of an expensive model, you don’t have to compromise too much to find a good mirror. And if you’ve got a couple of hundred bucks to spend, you can really go all out.
Before you go on with our list of top picks, you may read our Best Lighted Makeup Mirror Buying Guide first.
Done? Here’s a look at the top 5 best lighted makeup mirrors (or lighted vanity mirrors as some may call it) currently available.
Quick Comparison Table
Simplehuman Sensor Mirror
Zadro 10x Next Generation LED Vanity Mirror
Floxite Daylight Cosmetic Mirror
Jerdon HL165CD Wall Mount Makeup Mirror
Conair Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- Why do i need a lighted makeup mirror? If you are the one who would want to look just perfect(who wouldn't want to) before stepping out,this is just the right inclusion in your makeup set. It helps you to look at the right place with precision so that you could apply your makeup to perfection.
- Can these mirrors be adjusted to my height? Most of them are counter top, so can be placed according to the height. The wall mountable ones can be moved forward and backward to be brought into focus at the correct angle.
- Can these lighted makeup mirrors be magnified to help look more closely? Yes they can. Lighted mirrors are magnified somewhere between 5x to 20x depending on the model. Please read the manual before buying.
- Can i change the magnification for normal use of the lighted mirror? If thats what you are after, then you could choose a two sided mirror from Conair which has a 1x magnification for normal use on one side and 5x magnification for a closer view.
- Can i get a cordless lighted makeup mirror? Yes certainly you can. There are a couple of models which are battery operated and can be moved around pretty easily without the hassle of looking out for the power connection.
- Can i use my lighted mirror in bathroom? Yes some of them will allow you to use them in the bathroom. The most important important feature you need to look for is that it is corrosion resistant as there is a lot of moisture in the bath. If the mirror is not mentioned as corrosion resistant they it may not be suitable for you to use it in the bathroom.
- Is the light provided in the lighted mirror bright enough? Yes it is. But in some models you may find it slightly on the dimmer side. Hence you may want to couple it with daylight or use it in an already illuminated room.
- Can i dim the light in the lighted makeup mirror? Yes most of the models come with a dimmer so that you could control the brightness to suit your mood.
- Can i install the wall mountable lighted makeup mirror on my own? Yes if you understand the electrics well enough as it needs to be hard wired while mounting the mirror. An easier option is to call the electrician.
- Upto what length can a wall mountable stretch? Most models are designed to stretch upto one foot or slightly longer.
- Can i replace the bulbs in the lighted mirror myself? Yes you can. It is pretty easy and comes with instructions.
- Where can i buy the spare bulbs? You could buy them in store or online.
- Can i take the lighted mirror for my travels? Yes of course you can. It is lightweight and portable for easy transportation or you could use a compact version that goes into your purse.
- Does the lighted mirror come with a case? Not all models come with it. But fortunately there are many good ones available in the market which provides absolute safety for your lighted mirror on your journey.
- Where can i buy the best lighted makeup mirror? You could buy it instore or from online trusted websites like Amazon. But before that don't forget to read through our review page about lighted makeup mirror.