Top 5 Best Patio Heaters | 2020 Reviews
There are times you just want to have a great day on the patio, overlooking a beautiful view or just simply wanting to enjoy sitting outside just simply because you feel like it. It doesn't always happen when it's in mild-winter or just really in the middle of a chilly autumn afternoon. You can still do that but the thrill and the joy are just totally out of it when you're wearing a hideously thick amount of clothing. It kills the mood really. That's when patio heaters come in handy.
Patio heaters, or you probably know them better as the mushroom or umbrella heater, are those nice warm glowing lampposts around hotel areas or restaurants. They are really awesome outdoor heaters because they actually radiate a great amount of heat that makes you feel warm even when it’s almost winter. A chilly afternoon or evening isn't a bother anymore when you realize that the day feels much warmer and longer and it makes you enjoy the outdoors even more. That's precisely why hotel and restaurant owners love patio heaters. And we are sure that you would too.
If you are blessed with a great backyard, make the most of it. Don't just use your backyard for only half the year and leave it as is for the other half. With a patio heater, you can definitively enjoy your backyard 9 months of the year and even more. There are plenty of patio heaters out there but you only need to choose the best for you. We have shortlisted a list of five of the best outdoor patio heaters.
Quick Comparison Table
AmazonBasics Slate Grey Commercial Patio Heater
Thermo Tiki Deluxe Propane Outdoor Patio Heater
Belleze 48,000BTU Patio Heater
Fire Sense 46,000 BTU (XL-Series) Matte-Mocha Patio Heater
Deckmate Corona Outdoor Chimenea Fireplace
Firewood, fuel, artificial logs
Patio heaters are made to make you and your family comfy in your backyard, front yard or patio even in chilly weather. They give you this wonderful feeling of an extended day out and just simply a good day to enjoy the outside walls of your home. Our list consists of five meticulously chosen patio heaters that do more than just give heat. We have loved them so far as we tried them and we are sure that you would too. No matter which of these outdoor patio heaters you choose, we know you'll choose the right one for your home and your needs.
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What is a Patio Heater?Why do we need it? Patio heaters are heat radiating equipment to keep you warm in outdoors even in peak winter. They are a great deal of excitement when you want to party outside in winter or mid autumn and do not want to swamp yourself with layers of clothing. They can keep you really warm even in peak winter.
- How do they work? Patio heaters burn natural gas or propane as fuel, or they heat an element using electricity to generate heat around it. This is then amplified by passing it through heat directing materials to warm up the surrounding areas.
- What are the different types of patio heaters? There are 4 main types of patio heaters depending n the fuel type. They are propane, natural gas, electric and infrared.
- Can i not use space heaters instead? May be not. As space heaters use fan to spread the heat around a small space, patio heaters warm the large area around them using radiant heat. This will keep a large area warm for a long time.
- Can i use them indoors or in a garage? Absolutely not. Propane and natural gas heaters are designed to be used outdoors or where there is fresh ventilation only. They are not to be used inside the building or any enclosed space.
- Can i use patio heaters in gazebos or marquee? yes you can but only in circumstances where it is not fully enclosed. Free ventilation is absolutely essential. The best fuel source in this case would be electric. But if you think there are enclosures in the gazebo/marquee it is best to use space heaters.
- Can i use patio heaters under covered patio? No. Propane and natural gas patio heaters are meant for outdoor use only and is not safe to be used indoors.
- Do these heaters attracts bugs and insects? Yes it does. but there are solutions like insect traps or mats , insect repellents etc to keep the bugs off the party space.
- Does the dome of the heater get really hot? Yes it does as it is always in contact with the heating source.
- Do these heaters actually keep you warm outside? Yes of course it does. The amount of heat emitted by these appliances can keep you warm even in peak winter.
- How long can you run a patio heater? You can easily run it for 8-10 hours based upon the fuel source and capacity of the heater. Please see user manual for more details.
- How much area does the patio heater heat? Patio heaters are designed to heat the area surrounding it. it is not meant to maintain certain temperature. It functions similar to a camp fire minus smoke and ash.
- Can i patio heaters provide heat in various directions? yes it can. You probably need a 3 dome heater which provides heat to 3 different areas.
- Can i keep these heater on the grass? No it is not recommended. Patio heaters are supposed to be kept on flat concrete surfaces where it doesn't tilt from its place.
- What is a tilt safety switch in patio heaters? It is a safety switch to automatically turn off the patio heaters when it tilts more than a certain angle.
- Are these heaters noisy? Not at all. They are quiet and also looks elegant in its place.
- Are patio heaters heavy maintenance? It depends on what type of patio heaters you are using. Normally propane heaters work out to be expensive.
- Are there any cheap table top patio heaters available in the market? Yes there are. You may want to use them only if have fewer people and less area to heat up.
- How to choose the patio heater suitable for me? It is advisable to read through our review page that gives a clear description of each one of them.
- Where can i buy patio heater? You could buy them in store or through trusted online retailers like Amazon.