Top 5 Best Double Strollers | 2020 Reviews
Becoming a parent to another human being may be a fulfilling role but it certainly can be an extremely challenging one as well. But, what is even tougher is when you become a parent to twins or to two kids who are less than three years apart.
Attending to their needs and making sure that everything has been taken care of, physically and emotionally, is taxing to parents. Even simple things such as running errands and doing grocery trips becomes twice difficult.
But, thank goodness for double strollers.
If you are looking into purchasing one but are unsure how and which one to get, read on below to see which features to consider as well as the specific brands and models that we recommend.
Why do you need a double stroller?
Parents of twins or kids whose gap is less than three years might want to consider getting a double stroller for them to use.
Looking after kids is tricky but taking out two of them can be downright exhausting. With a double stroller, you can place both kids safely inside without having to worry of one running towards the busy street while you are busy with the other child.
Double strollers have been a heaven-sent for parents of two children especially since it straps and tucks kids safely inside while they do their groceries or go out for a stroll in the park. And, while one or both kids take a nap, they can still continue the walk without worrying too much about their comfort.
But, with so many of them available in the market, which double stroller should you choose?
Double strollers come in two basic designs: in-line and side-by-side models. Each of these types has their own pros and cons but you will ultimately have to consider the level of comfort that it brings to its passengers and to the person pushing it around.
Although double strollers sound like they have everything that you need for your two kids, there might be a few other things that you would want to weigh in especially in terms of seating.
Most double strollers rarely have same-age features so fitting two infant seats at the same time might be close to impossible. Parents usually just opt to buy two separate strollers at the beginning then move on to double strollers when they get bigger. Siblings with a slightly bigger gap might not need to worry a lot about the difference in seating.
Pretty sure you are not close to making a final decision in your choice of double stroller so we have made things a little easier for you.
If we bombarded you with too much information, why not check out our list of the top 5 best double strollers available in the market.
Quick Comparison Table
BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller
Contours Options Elite Tandem Stroller
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller
Schwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogger
Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller
Side by Side
Sit and Stand
Side by side
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What are Double Strollers? A double stroller is a stroller with convenience for mothers who have twins or children who have children less than 3 years apart. They are designed to carry 2 children together without any hassle.
- Why do i need a double stroller? If you have twins or children who are less than 3 years apart it gets increasingly difficult to take them for a walk or go shopping. Double stroller is a easy and convenient way to carry them along with you without having to compromise on their safety.
- What are the different types of double strollers? There are several double strollers available in the market and are named according to their make and design.To name some : side by side stroller, tandem stroller, sit and stand stroller, umbrella stroller, jogging stroller etc. Some strollers come with a combination of these designs to cater to the customer needs.
- Can i fit in one or more car seats in the double strollers? Most design allows one car seat to be fitted in instead of a standard seat. But not all allow 2 car seat to be fixed as this causes inconvenience to the passengers. Please read through the manufacturers instructions and expert reviews from website like ours before buying them.
- Can i put my new born in the double stroller? Yes you can if you have a infant car seat attachment. The standard seat is designed for children who can hold their head properly on their own. So please do not use the standard seat for new born as they normally don't recline to flat position.
- Are double strollers heavy or bulky? Not really considering the weight it needs to carry. It is definitely lighter than 2 single strollers put together but with greater convenience.
- Are double strollers easy to manoeuvre? Yes most certainly as it is designed to carry 2 kids with ease. But if you are living in crowded places and have to walk in and out of stores more often and need access to packed car parks, then choose the right kind of model that takes less space to be able to allow you easy access.
- Can i take my double stroller on a plane? Yes you can. You either need to checkin at the counter or hand it over at the gate for easy storage.
- Is there enough space to store baby stuff in the double stroller? Yes most models do have ample storage space and also a cup and bottle holder. Some higher models also provide a place to store your mobile and keys and a small bag of groceries too. But some models do not have storage space at all. So please be sure you read the reviews in our website for in depth understanding and then decide on the model you want to buy.
- Can i jog with the double strollers? Yes you can but not with the normal double strollers. Please read through our double jogging stroller review page for more information.
- Is the canopy in the double stroller suitable for all seasons? Most of them are. But you could buy spare canopy from online websites like amazon or instore.
- Are all double strollers Unisex? Most of them are. Please read the instructions before buying.
- Where can i buy the double stroller? You could buy them instore or through trusted online websites like Amazon. Please read our reviews about various models before you decide on the one you want.
- Are double strollers expensive? Not really when compared to the convenience you get through them or by comparing the cost for 2 single strollers you would have to buy instead of one double stroller. There are some cheap ones available too. But do not compromise your children safety for money.
- Does double strollers last long? Yes they are designed to last really long.
- Are the double strollers sturdy and reliable? Yes of course they are. They are made with high resistance material and is highly reliable.