Top 5 Best Abdominal Binders | 2018 Reviews
Giving birth is one of the most painful yet one of the happiest moments in your life. The moment your baby meets the world, you get numerous feelings all boiling into one.
Whether you gave birth with an epidural or the natural way and whether you delivered your baby naturally or through caesarean section, you will always go back home with the same condition as any mom—tired, in pain and with all that belly fat.
As new moms or moms who just gave birth, we already know what we are preparing when we packed our bag to the hospital; we know that a belly binder is an absolute essential.
Abdominal binders, also known as postpartum belly wrap or postpartum belly bands, are extremely helpful in supporting your belly recovery after giving birth. You see, belly binders have a lot of benefits, not just for women who gave birth—through caesarean or natural birth process—but also men and women who just had abdominal liposuction, tummy tuck or abdominoplasty and other post-operations on the stomach and abdominal area.
Postpartum belly wraps help increase blood circulation around the abdominal area this allows your body to hasten your recovery period—if you had a caesarean section—and to also get the tummy back to its original shape.
It's more like a helpful C-section belly band that pushes your tummy back in place. It helps your body to remember that your tummy used to look a certain way because when you get pregnant your tummy muscles are misaligned and distorted, so after giving birth, your body tries to regain its original state and using a good postpartum girdle helps speed that process up.
It's actually a shortcut to being sexy again! Anyway, it's a helpful garment to keep around for the first two months after giving birth.
We have narrowed a list down of best postpartum girdle in terms of quality and durable abdominal binders to also speed up the process of your having to look around and survey.
So, as usual, we came up with a list of five of the best postpartum belly wrap Amazon has in store.
Quick Comparison Table
Bellefit Postpartum Girdle Corset C-Section Recovery
Halo Sleepsack Cotton Swaddle
Gabrialla Breathable Elastic Abdominal Binder For Women
Squeem “Perfect Waist” Firm Compression Waist Trainer
UpSpring Baby C-Panty High Waist Incision Care C-Section Panty
80% Polyamide, 20% Elastane
50% Polyester, 22% Cotton, 18% Nylon, 10% Lycra
110% natural rubber exterior, filtered cotton lining interior
92% Nylon, 8% Spandex
Choosing the best abdominal binder is not as complicated as you thought it would, right? It all depends on why you need it. As a new mom or as someone who underwent a tummy tuck or liposuction, you need to have a fast recovery in order to attend to your daily duties much easier and much more efficient even during your postoperative recovery period. Even if you haven't had an operation an abdominal binder has a lot of benefits too and one of them is giving you great core support. With that said, we have come up with a list of the best belly binders to help you no matter what your predicaments are. So, if you are on a budget, in need of a girdle that doesn't show, and one that also helps you with your hips, then we have it all. All you need to do is choose and get!
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What is a Abdominal binder? what are its uses? An Abdominal binder is a special compression garment/belt worn around your midsection after tummy surgery. This postpartum belly binding way helps align the abdominal muscles that were distorted during pregnancy or any other health conditions, hence providing abdominal support.
- Can i use it after my C-section, abdominoplasty, appendectomy or tummy tuck? Yes of course. But would strongly recommend to consult your doctor to choose the right C-section belly band for you. You can also seek advice on how long you could wear them.
- Can i sleep with the binder on at night? Yes it is advised to wear it 24hrs for at least a week soon after delivery and can be taken off during night after that. You can continue to wear it during the day or for as long as your doctor has advised you to.
- Is the Abdominal binder effective? Yes it is. They help increase blood circulation in the midsection and help tighten the loose muscles and helps incisions heal after abdominal or pelvic surgery.
- Are these post-pregnancy belts available in all sizes? Yes it is. You could find XS to XXL sizes depending on the brand you choose.
- What are latex free abdominal binders? Latex free binders are made of soft foam panels which are very soft on all types of skin and does not cause any irritation or itchiness. They can be worn underneath the clothing as well.
- Can i wash my Abdominal binder? Yes you can. Hand wash is the preferred washing method as it can be gentle on the material. But if it is something you can't afford to do, through into your wash machine with milder wash setting and hang it dry under shade.
- Do these post-pregnancy belts cause constipation when worn for longer periods? Well there is a myth surrounding it, but we would not want to believe it, as being constipated after tummy surgery is quite normal. It perhaps is coincidental and many patients have been taking stool softeners to improve their conditions. Abdominal binders can only help you to get fitter and not do any harm if used as recommended by the doctor.
- Does my insurance cover this? Not all insurers cover them. Please check with your hospital and your insurer for more details.
- Can i exercise with my Abdominal binder on? Not recommended. The Abdominal binders are holding your muscles tight and does not allow spot reduce of any muscles. So it is always better to do your exercise with out the abdominal binder and wear it soon after for ultimate benefits.
- How to make your own Abdominal binder? This is a primitive method which our parents or grand parents might have used. Simple wrap a large piece of garment like a sari around your waist in circles and tie it tight in place for several hours. But since we have the new age Abdominal binders, who has the time to do all that? It is easy, comfortable and convenient to use.
- Can men use them too? Yes of course they can to reduce the tummy fat or for medical reasons.
- Are there any paediatric Abdominal binders available in the market? Yes there are and it is used for medical conditions like post tummy surgery, umbilical hernia etc. Please use them only upon the advice of your doctor and in the exactly suggested manner for better results.
- Where do i find the best Abdominal binder for me? You can read through our in-depth review page about Abdominal binders and pin down the one that best suits you.
- Where can i buy the Abdominal binders? You could buy them in store or through trusted retailers like Amazon.