Best Round Trampoline Buying Guide
The types of trampoline may be classified according to their particular use. In general, there are three types of trampoline, mini trampolines, competitive trampolines, and recreational trampolines.
Mini trampolines, sometimes called as rebounder, jogging trampoline, exercise trampoline or trampette, measure around 1 meter in diameter and are usually 12 inches off the ground. They are used as part of exercise regimes and are often used indoors. Exercising on a mini trampoline provides an excellent cardiovascular exercise without contributing heavy impact on the knees and joints. Mini trampolines are not expected to give as high rebounds as those of the recreational or competitive types of trampoline.
Competitive trampolines are rectangular trampolines with steel frames that measure 17 ft by 10 ft. The trampoline mat measures 14 ft and 1 in by 7 ft. The number of steel coiled springs attaching the trampoline mat to the frame varies per manufacturer but the usual count is 110 steel springs.
Recreational trampolines may come in various sizes and shapes. They may be round, oval or rectangular. The materials used for recreational trampolines may not be as heavy duty as those for competitive ones. The trampoline bed is usually made of waterproof material since recreational trampolines are often kept outdoors.
When should you choose a round trampoline over a rectangular trampoline?
The difference between a round trampoline and a rectangular trampoline is the way their springs react to the impact of a jump. With round trampolines, the springs give a consistent bounce to the jumper since they are uniformly placed around the frame. As a result of this design, the jumper is forced towards the middle of the trampoline mat with each bounce. Rectangular trampolines allow jumpers controlled and even bounces regardless of where they land on the trampoline mat since the springs react differently and do not work together.
Although rectangular trampolines often have larger jumping areas, their frames are also heavier and are therefore more expensive. Round trampolines are available in more affordable prices since their frames need not to be as heavy duty and can be made of less costly materials. The round frame is capable of absorbing the impact of a jump so the frame does not necessarily need to be weighted.
A round trampoline is a good investment if you are looking for a more affordable option. It is also easier to move around the yard since the frames are lighter. Round trampolines are ideal for use by single jumpers since the tendency to be pushed towards the center may result to collisions among jumpers. Since the jumper is always pushed to the middle, round trampolines come with less risk of the jumper falling out the frame.
Getting a trampoline does not stop on deciding which shape to get. There are other things to consider when buying a round trampoline. With the number of round trampolines available in the market, how do you choose which one to get? We here at ParentsNeeds HQ have prepared a buying guide to help you choose the best round trampoline for your recreational activities with the whole family.
What are the things to consider when buying a round trampoline?
The size of the round trampoline that you will purchase will depend on the available space in your yard, as well as on the number and size of the expected jumpers. Round trampolines measuring up to 12 feet are great for your younger children and pre-teens. If you are going to be jumping around with your kids too, however, a fourteen-foot trampoline should be more appropriate.
Recreational trampolines are most likely to be kept outdoors. This means the chances of the trampoline being exposed to the sometimes harsh outdoor elements are pretty high. A good round trampoline will be made of durable materials that are weatherproof. The amount of cash that you would be spending on a trampoline is not to be take lightly. It better be a good investment and should last you for years to come. The spring coils should be of quality standard since the quality of the bounce actually depends on the springs instead of the trampoline mat.
● Weight Capacity
For something on which you and your kids will be bouncing on with a level of abandonment, it better be able to carry your combined weights. A good round trampoline should have a reasonable weight limit that will let your children rebound without the risk of the trampoline giving in.
● Sturdy Base
Look for a trampoline with a sturdily built base. With round trampolines, the legs are uniformly distributed. A good trampoline will have well-reinforced legs that will remain stable when the trampoline is in use.
● Safety Features
Trampolining is not exactly the safest activity in the world. In fact, a significant figure of trampoline related injuries have been reported over the years. Therefore, a trampoline with as much safety feature should be a good choice. Look for a round trampoline that is equipped with a durable safety net. This safety net will serve as a safety enclosure that will keep the jumpers within the trampoline mat area. It is quite easy to lose sight of where one might land when one is busy bouncing and twisting in the air. A safety enclosure can prevent jumpers from falling to the ground. A good trampoline should also have safety pads that will completely cover the frame and the springs. These safety pads will prevent unwanted injuries caused by getting caught between the springs or falling on the hard frame. Landing on the safety pads should soften the impact.
Possibly the most important consideration is the price. Good, quality trampolines are expected to be quite pricey. Expensive trampolines from trusted manufacturers are built to last you for years and are designed to give you the best rebounds. High end trampolines maintain the quality of their bounce even as they count off years. Mid-range trampolines are expected to show signs of wear and tear over the course of a few years but they may be relied on to give you some quality bounce and safety. Budget trampolines, however, cannot be expected to deliver their claimed quality and safety. They may not be ideal for long-term use as they might easily wear and tear, given that the manufacturers may have used materials of lesser quality to bring the prices down.
It is always a good idea, no matter what purchase, to buy products that come with a warranty. This way, you will be able to test and enjoy your bought trampoline with the assurance that you may get a replacement or the necessary service in case you encounter some issues with your purchased product.
● Additional Entertainment
It would not hurt if the trampoline would come with additional accessories like a basketball hoop. Such add-on features may further add excitement to your trampolining experience. With additional fun, expect to spend a few more hours on the trampoline.
How to buy the best round trampoline:
- As with all purchases, conduct your own research before taking the plunge. Not only a summable amount of dollars is involved, but your child’s safety as well. Read reviews submitted by consumers to help you research and compare different trampoline brands. Read up on the different models that are available in the market. Go online and visit their websites to accurately obtain their products’ specifications.
- Determine what you are looking for in a trampoline. How big should the trampoline pad be? Will it be big enough for multiple users? Does it have safety features? Can it stand multiple users? What are the ages of the jumpers that will use the trampoline? What should the weight limit be? Is it within your budget?
- Prepare a working budget. Be ready to spend from $250 to $2000 for a round trampoline.
- Keep your proof of warranty especially if you are to purchase your round trampoline online. Inspect the parts of your purchase. They should be complete, without any defects. Do not accept trampolines with incomplete parts or damaged parts.
- Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions regarding assembly and installation. Follow their safety guidelines. Conduct a final check for the completeness of the assembled trampoline before letting your kids use it.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Trampoline use must be adult-supervised at all times. Never leave your children unattended on a trampoline.
- Keep track of the weight of the jumpers and take note of the weight limit of the trampoline according to the specification given by the manufacturer. Make sure that all jumpers are within the specified limit to ensure a safe trampolining experience.
- Do not allow your children to perform tricks and somersaults if they are not properly trained to do these. Doing tricks may result to bad landings, which may in turn cause serious head and neck injuries.
- Follow the specified number of jumpers allowed on the trampoline at a time. It is always best, however, to have just one jumper at a time especially with round trampolines. Since round trampolines have the tendency to force jumpers in the middle, multiple jumpers may be at risk of colliding into each other.
- Always check the trampoline before use. Repair or replace damaged parts immediately. Remove access to the damaged trampoline in case immediate repair cannot be done.
We are sure you can’t wait to go out and finally get your own round trampoline. Having read our buying guide for the best round trampoline, we hope we have helped you determine which trampoline to get. Should you need further help in narrowing down your list, we are glad to inform you that we here at ParentsNeeds HQ have prepared our own Top 5 Best Round Trampolines. We have rounded up the most popular trampoline brands that come highly recommended and we have put them head to head. They don’t come without drawbacks but the trampolines on our list sure have proven why their names are reputable. Check out our top 5 list and find out how AlleyOOP DoubleBounce Trampoline snagged the number one spot.
Originally posted 2016-09-03 15:47:53.