Top 5 Best Sit and Stand Strollers | 2017 Reviews
It can be frustrating to see an innovative product on the market, because as often as not your first thought isn’t “I could use one of those!” – it’s “Why didn’t I think of that?” Sit and stand strollers are a perfect example.
For the uninitiated, sit and stand strollers are designed for the majority of young families, which have two children only separated in age by a few years. (We’re rounding down from the famous “2.3 children per family” number you often see quoted.) It isn’t always enjoyable to take an infant for a spin around the block or to the park when you’re also dragging a toddler around with you; sit and stand strollers are designed to take care of that issue. They are tandem units that have a traditional infant seat in the front, and a platform/bench seat behind it on which the older child can either stand or sit if he gets tired of walking. Some will accept major models of car seats, while most have lots of storage space (definitely helpful if you’re taking a trip anywhere with two kids).
Sit and stand strollers are normally lightweight (compared to traditional double strollers), narrow, and not built for jogging or rides off of the pavement. And they’re not always comfortable for toddlers who want to stretch out and get comfortable for a long ride. But they can be a lifesaver for most walks around the neighborhood or afternoons at a bustling mall – as long as you don’t spend your time thinking about how much money you could have made if you were the first to manufacture and sell them.
Before going through our best sit and stand stroller reviews, you may also want to check out first our comprehensive Sit and Stand Stroller Buying Guide.
Here’s our look at the top 5 best sit and stand strollers on the market.
Quick Comparison Table
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Stroller
Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem Stroller
Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
Mia Moda Compagno Stroller
2 years warranty
2 years warranty
1 year warranty
1 year warranty
FAQ (By Our Ardent Readers)
- What is a Sit And Stand Stroller? It is a light weight handy stroller used by parents who have a baby and toddler to carry around. It has a normal seat in the front for the baby and a platform and a small bench for the toddler to stand and sit when needed.
- Can i attach my car seat to the stroller? Yes you can. The car seat can be attached to the front facing forward or backwards for mum to interact with the baby.
- Is the Sit and Stand Stroller heavy? It is not that heavy at all compared to the size it exhibits. It can weigh anywhere between 20 to 30 pounds.
- Does it fold down easily? Yes it does and can be put up easily too.
- How much weight of the children can it take? It can take anywhere between 45 to 55 pounds depending on the model. The weight is equally divided between the front and back portions for balancing.
- Is this type of strollers safe for children? Yes of course. It has a five point harness at the front and a three point harness at the rear for utmost safety.
- Is it easy to manoeuvre? Most certainly yes. Though it looks big in size, the wheel design helps for easy manoeuvring.
- What accesories do i need to look for in the sit and stand stroller? Some important ones are cup holder, snack tray, diaper bag etc. But these depend on the model you choose. For more details please read through our buying guide and the top reviews page.
- Where can i buy them? You could buy them in store or through trusted websites like amazon. Don't forget to read through our top reviews first before deciding the one you want.
- How is a Sit And Stand Stroller different from a double stroller? A double stroller is basically for children of similar age. For example twins or children separated by one or two years who would need to be seated all the time. But if you have a toddler who does not like to be confined to a seat then Sit and Stand stroller is a blessing.
- Can i get Sit and Stand Stroller for three or more children? Yes you can. There are double and triple Sit and Stand stroller available in the market. In fact there are models for quadraplets too.
- How much does this stroller cost? There are several models and price ranges available in the market. Not very pricey though. But be careful enough to choose the most reliable and safety models as it is the question of the safety of your little ones.
- Are spare parts available for Sit and Stand Strollers? Yes there are. You could either take them to the store for repair or buy spare parts online and repair them at home yourself with the help of a manual.